Simplifying Fund Raising for Startups
Fund raising is a critical task for every startup founder and can become tedious if you don’t understand those finer nuances involved in raising funds for your startup. What do investors look at before investing in businesses; how can one maximise their chances of raising their first funding round; what are those points one should keep in mind before going for follow on funding rounds before?
Join this one day training program curated exclusively for startup founders, entrepreneurs, professionals in key roles handling fund raising & investor relations powered by executive training arm of News Corp VCCircle.
What to expect:
• Learn when to raise funds, how much to raise, and from whom
• Learn how to structure a company for seed, angel and venture capital investment
• Understand, what are the best practices in identifying and approaching potential investors
• Know the methodologies used in determining valuation of early stage companies
• Know how to negotiate and document Term Sheet & Key Clauses
• Entrepreneurs and Companies looking to raise funds
• CEOs, CFOs, MDs and Senior Management
• Strategic Planning Executives and M&A Team
• Individual, Private and Institutional Investors
• I-Banks, Professional Advisers, Law Firms and Consultants
Preparing for Early Stage Funding
• How much money do you need - Mapping the startup lifecycle with Investment Needs
• when to raise funds, how much to raise, and from whom
• Finding and connecting with the potential investors
• The pros and cons of raising funds from angels/VC funds
• Building pitch perfect business plan
• Structuring a company for seed, angel and venture capital investment
• What they look for before investing into business (at different levels - Seed, Angel and VC)
• Sector attracting maximum investment: E-Com, Fintech etc.
Key Legal Issues and Deal Documentation
• Key Terms in Term Sheet
- Liquidation Preference
- Board Composition
• Negotiation of Terms Sheet
• Share Holding Agreement
• Deal Structuring
• Legal Documentation
• Exit Clauses
- How much can you sell
- Timing your exit
Modes of Startup Financing
• Crowd Funding
• Angel Investment
• VC Investment
• Venture Debt Investment
• Equity Instruments
• Debt Instruments
Valuation of Startup & Early Stage Companies
• Methods of Valuation
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Venture Capital Method
- First Chicago Method
- Risk Factor Summation Method
• Challenges in valuing/pricing Startup & Early Stage Companies
• VCs most applicable method in the current scenario
• Case Study
LE MERIDIEN, BANGALORE
28 Sankey Road, P B No. 174,
Bangalore 560 052 India
In case of queries, please email us at email@example.com
Standard Fee: INR 15,000 + Service tax (15%)
Early Bird Discount: 20% off till 22nd July i.e. INR 12,000 + 15% Service Tax
For more queries speak to Fazal on 91-120-4171111/ 91- 9560888566 or write at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two ways to register:
Cheque/DD to be made in favor of: Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt Ltd (payable in New Delhi to:
Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
A-83, Ground Floor,
Sector -2, Noida - 201301
Please attach a note with details of the cheque.
Name of the delegate(s), Organization, Designation, Address, Contact No., E-mail ID
You can also directly deposit cash, submit cheque or transfer online to our HSBC Bank a/c:
Account name: Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Account no: 499324051001
Branch Name: Noida Sector 18
IFSC Code: HSBC0110007
Refund and Substitution Policy (Differ from one programme to other, please read carefully):
No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 7 days of the workshop. Those delegates who have confirmed and do not attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds will be granted.
Cancellation fee of 50% will be applicable 15 days prior to the workshop.
Cancellation fee of 25% will be applicable up to 21 days prior to the workshop.
Participants can cancel their registration 30 days prior to the event for a full refund.
Substitutions within a company are permitted through the workshop/training date, request must be by email to email@example.com
Company reserves the right to amend content, expert, venue & date(s) of the workshop
Participants will be refunded the registration fee in full in case the workshop gets cancelled.
Company assumes no liability for any costs including transportation, hotel reservations or any other costs incurred by participants in the event of cancellation