Commercial Contract and Dispute Resolution Workshop
In today’s highly competitive and cost-conscious environment, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts is an important part of business activity. Over 85% of business transactions are governed by contracts and hence it is necessary that contracts be aligned with business expectations. It requires legal professionals to be well versed with the drafting techniques and expertise to foresee the risk and have futuristic thinking to handle contracts in the best interest of their organization.
VCCircle Training’s upcoming Instructor-led workshop “Drafting Commercial Contract” is focussed to address essential updates on commercial and legal issues surrounding commercial agreements and will help you in improving your negotiating and drafting skills. This training will also equip you with the skills necessary to effectively manage contractual pitfalls and implement dispute management.
There will be a detail discussion on cross-border contracts and also dedicated session on identification and mitigation of contractual risks covering case management and Dispute Resolution. Breach and consequences of breach of contracts will be examined in the in light of dispute resolution. The training will provide examples of clauses & its implication with drafting exercises.
Why you should attend?
• Administer commercial contracts to boost your performance and profitability
• Practical insights into advanced contract drafting
• Mastering innovative negotiation skills
• Mapping the risks and measures of mitigation
• Define performance terms to guarantee effective delivery and minimize costs
• Avoid common contractual pitfalls
• Drafting effective Dispute Resolution & Arbitration clauses
• Practice exercises: Examples of Clauses & its implication with drafting exercises
Who should attend?
• Head-Contract Administration & Management
• Head of Legal
• Corporate Legal Counsel
• General Counsel
• Chief Counsel
• Regional Counsel
• Legal Managers
• Corporate Legal Advisors
• Company Secretaries
• Senior Legal Practitioners
• Legal Consultants
Negotiation of Commercial Contracts
• Planning and conducting contract negotiation
• Understanding the needs of negotiating parties
• Deal or no-deal situations - how to keep the options open
• Determining the rights and obligation of parties
• Win-win situation - a myth or a reality?
• Understand the elements effecting negotiation process – Culture, Language & Legal System
A Hands-on Guide to Drafting Commercial Contracts
• What is a Commercial Contract -The contract law fundamentals & elements
• Difference between MU, letter of Intent, an agreement
• Converting MoU, Letter of Intent into a formal Contract
• Formation of contracts - Techniques in drafting contracts
Introductory Provisions including Parties, Recitals, Definitions etc.
• Critical Provisions including Appointment, Conditions Precedent, Consideration, Covenants, Term & Termination, Representations & Warranties & Indemnities
• General clauses like Governing Law, Arbitration, Force Majeure, Arbitration etc.
Sharing some cases on intricacies of:
- General Commercial agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Technical Collaboration Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
Technique of drafting International Contracts
• Analyzing the key elements in cross border agreements: What are the terms unique to overseas contracts?
• Addressing various jurisdictions issue : Complying with overseas jurisdiction & coinciding with the rule
• Effective techniques in drafting international commercial contracts
Dispute Resolution Clauses & Mechanism
• Understanding & identifying dispute prone areas
• Possible consequences and the medium of dispute resolution mechanisms
• Remedies for disputes emerging from contracts
• ADR provision in contract
• Litigation Or Arbitration - A comparative Analysis
• Role of corporate counsel in dispute management
LE MERIDIEN, BANGALORE
28 Sankey Road, P B No. 174,
Bangalore 560 052 India
In case of queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Fee: INR 15,000 + Service tax (15%)
Early Bird Discount: 20% off till 30th November i.e. INR 12,000 + 15% Service Tax
Group Package: 10% Discount for 3 or more participants from the same organization Use discount code: GRP10CC
For more queries call us at 91-120-4171111 or write at email@example.com
There are two ways to register:
Cheque/DD to be made in favor of: Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt Ltd (payable in New Delhi to:
Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
A-83, Ground Floor,
Sector -2, Noida - 201301
Please attach a note with details of the cheque.
Name of the delegate(s), Organization, Designation, Address, Contact No., E-mail ID
You can also directly deposit cash, submit cheque or transfer online to our HSBC Bank a/c:
Account name: Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Account no: 499324051001
Branch Name: Noida Sector 18
IFSC Code: HSBC0110007
Refund and Substitution Policy (Differ from one programme to other, please read carefully):
No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 7 days of the workshop. Those delegates who have confirmed and do not attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds will be granted.
Cancellation fee of 50% will be applicable 15 days prior to the workshop.
Cancellation fee of 25% will be applicable up to 21 days prior to the workshop.
Participants can cancel their registration 30 days prior to the event for a full refund.
Substitutions within a company are permitted through the workshop/training date, request must be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company reserves the right to amend content, expert, venue & date(s) of the workshop
Participants will be refunded the registration fee in full in case the workshop gets cancelled.
Company assumes no liability for any costs including transportation, hotel reservations or any other costs incurred by participants in the event of cancellation