Business Valuation Masterclass
A company’s valuation in the market depends on the prevailing business and economic indicators and is determined by professional valuers with critical insight, and in-depth knowledge of valuation techniques and methodologies. Knowing the value of an asset and its key determinants is a prerequisite for intelligent decision making in all aspects of business, right from choosing investments for a portfolio to deciding on the appropriate price to pay or receive in a takeover. Such expertise is extremely valuable in finalising investments as well as making financing and dividend choices while running a business. We can make reasonable estimates of value for most assets, and the same fundamental principles determine the values of all types of assets, real as well as financial.
This introduction to Business Valuation offers insights into the valuation process and outlines the role it plays in portfolio management, acquisition analysis and corporate finance. In finance, valuation analysis is required for tax assessment, business analysis, and basic bookkeeping and accounting, among other things.
During the two-day workshop, all sessions will offer highly technical content with workshops catering to all levels of experience. The workshop aims to offer professionals comprehensive knowledge about valuing companies and businesses.
Valuing Valuation: What makes it attractive?
The workshop will incorporate the case study method, wherein case studies of real-life corporations will form an integral part of the sessions and illustrate how valuation methods have influenced their business strategy. Besides, hands-on exercises will give participants the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of techniques through presentations and discussions. Delegates will actively take part in the workshop and make all calculations individually, guided by experts.
Why must you attend?
The fundamentals of approaches to valuation, coupled with limitations and caveats on the use of each, as well as extended examples of the application of each will help you make informed business decisions.
Participants will learn to:
- Carry out the Valuation Process
- Value a firm using multiples and comparable firms
- Analyze and critique the use of multiples in valuation
- Value “problem” firms, such as financially troubled firms and startup firms
- Estimate the effect of restructuring on the valuation of a firm
Who should attend?
This is a serious workshop created for ambitious executives and seasoned practitioners who are looking to enhance their skills so that they can create and maintain a thriving practice. The mix of basic valuation techniques and applications offered in this workshop will appeal to a diverse audience. In particular, it is useful for:
• Equity research professionals
• Corporate financial officers
• GM/VP/AVP/Manager (M&A)
• Portfolio managers-corporate restructuring
• Commercial and investment bankers
• Securities analysts
• Investment officers
• Corporate treasurers
Session 1: Business Valuation - An important driver of business decisions in the current business/regulatory context
• Typical process followed for valuation projects
• Understanding company valuation situations
• How to read, interpret and understand a valuation report
• Valuation from financials: where accounts could mislead
• Common mistakes found in valuation reports
Session 2: Valuation - A perspective
• Generally adopted approaches and methods for valuation including multiples (PE, EV/EBITDA, PEG, NAV etc.), DCF method, and dividend discount and their application
• Practical challenges in valuation of business/companies
• Identification of key inputs and putting the value of key inputs in the DCF Valuation Model
• Forecasting cash flows
Session 3: Intangible Asset Valuation
• Introduction to intangible assets
• Commonly valued intangible assets - brands, patents, customer relationships, others
• Methods of valuing common intangible assets
• Case studies: practical elements of intangible asset valuation
Session 1: Relative Valuation
• The principles
• Techniques of relative valuation
• Why relative valuation is more favoured in application
• Industry specific applications of relative valuation
Session 2: Valuation for Accounting purposes (IFRS / USGAAP)
• What is ‘Fair Value’?
• Recent developments - Fair Value Convergence
• Fair Value in a company’s life cycle
• Companies Act 2013 - valuation considerations
Session 3: Valuation for Mergers & Acquisitions
• Mergers & Acquisition- Situations and Valuation
• Minority v/s Controlling interest
• Snapshot of Indian Laws impacting M&A
• Companies Act- Valuation Requirements
Case study focused on ecommerce company
Session 4: Learning from experiences
• Case study focused on Valuation of Startup / Early stage
• Case study focused on Valuation of Growth phase
• Case study focused on Valuation of Matured companies
• Case study focused on Valuation of Distressed Companies/ Winding up phase
The Lalit Hotel Mumbai
Sahar Airport Road, Andheri East, Opp. Hotel Leela, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400059
In case of queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Fee: INR 20,000 + Service tax (15%)
Early Bird Discount: 10% off till 19th August i.e. INR 18,000 + 15% Service Tax
For more queries call us at 91-120-4171111 or write at email@example.com
There are two ways to register:
Cheque/DD to be made in favor of: Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt Ltd (payable in New Delhi to:
Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
A-83, Ground Floor,
Sector -2, Noida - 201301
Please attach a note with details of the cheque.
Name of the delegate(s), Organization, Designation, Address, Contact No., E-mail ID
You can also directly deposit cash, submit cheque or transfer online to our HSBC Bank a/c:
Account name: Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Account no: 499324051001
Branch Name: Noida Sector 18
IFSC Code: HSBC0110007
Refund and Substitution Policy (Differ from one programme to other, please read carefully):
No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 7 days of the workshop. Those delegates who have confirmed and do not attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds will be granted.
Cancellation fee of 50% will be applicable 15 days prior to the workshop.
Cancellation fee of 25% will be applicable up to 21 days prior to the workshop.
Participants can cancel their registration 30 days prior to the event for a full refund.
Substitutions within a company are permitted through the workshop/training date, request must be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company reserves the right to amend content, expert, venue & date(s) of the workshop
Participants will be refunded the registration fee in full in case the workshop gets cancelled.
Company assumes no liability for any costs including transportation, hotel reservations or any other costs incurred by participants in the event of cancellation